Re: Performance degradation from long lines

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Performance degradation from long lines
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 03:40:57 +1300

On 9/12/18 12:08 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> It's usually pretty easy to unify the different version with tests on
> emacs-version, fboundp, and friends.

Yes, I've swung around to the benefits of that approach in the interim,
so I'm expecting to go with a single-version of so-long, with the ELPA
version sourced from the Emacs repository, as previously suggested.

I've implemented a lot of changes based on the earlier conversations,
which is why it's still not finished; but I think I'm fairly close to
that point once again.  I'm only working on it occasionally, but would
guess that I'll have something for people to look at again within a
couple of weeks.

-Phil