Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 14:49:56 +0100

>> Not here.  When I remove the offending line it gets compiled.  So you
>> probably should invent something more sophisticated ;-)
>
> Hmm... I must be missing something:
>
>      emacs-26-0% rm lisp/emacs-lisp/package.elc; make |& grep ELC
>        ELC      emacs-lisp/package.elc
>      emacs-26-0%
>
> this is with a vanilla checkout of the `emacs-26` branch.
>
> Can you show me the patch corresponding to "remove the offending line"?

The offending line is not in the Local Variables section but in the
'insert' call of 'package-quickstart-refresh'.

      (insert "
;; Local\sVariables:
;; version-control: never
;;\sno-byte-compile: t
;; no-update-autoloads: t
;; End:
"))))

The corresponding Makefile.in condition is

grep '^;.*no-byte-compile: t'

so I see no way that it would byte-compile this.

I attach I patch that fixes this here.

martin