Re: Gnu ELPA cl-generic bug?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Gnu ELPA cl-generic bug?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:47:35 -0500

> I'm trying to use the Gnu ELPA package cl-generic to support
> cl-defmethod in Emacs 24.5.
[...]
> (cl-defstruct wisi-parser
[...]
> (cl-defgeneric wisi-parse-kill ((parser wisi-parser))

That won't work: the GNU ELPA package only provides the common subset
between the old EIEIO defmethod and the cl-generic cl-defmethod.
More specifically, you can only dispatch on the first arg and only on
EIEIO classes, not defstructs, nor built-in types.

IOW, it only lets you use the cl-generic syntax instead of the old EIEIO
syntax.

        Stefan