Re: sudo:: method in tramp possible security issue

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: sudo:: method in tramp possible security issue
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 08:49:18 +0100

João Távora <address@hidden> writes:

> Alternatively, how would you feel about adding something to
> the mode-line clearly showing that there is an ongoing
> superuser session going on?

As said the other mail, this is provided by the GNU ELPA package
tramp-theme. When writing this package I decided against making it the
default, because people are very idiosyncratic about the modeline.

> For me, mentioning it in the manual isn't very useful, because
> few people read the manual, fine as it may be :-)

Maintaining Tramp for ~15 years, I'm often feeling that writing
something into the manual is superfluous. For almost every explanation
there, I still get request to repeat the description in the mailing list
/ on stackexchange / you name it.

> João Távora

Best regards, Michael.