Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 18:05:44 +0200

On 31.10.2018 17:50, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Couldn't we also say that a pattern with "holes" is a destructuring pattern,
not matter if it is used in pcase-let, or just pcase?
We could, but the reason why I'm trying to define a new term (which
I called here "destructuring pattern") is to define what happens with
pcase-let, pcase-dolist, pcase-let* where the pattern is assumed
to match.
I only meant to say that introducing a term that somebody fairly familiar
with the subject might misinterpret without reading its definition in the
manual, could be suboptimal.

Agreed.

But don't mind me, I don't have any alternative proposals anyway.

Neither do I,

Can someone enlighten me regarding those "holes"?  What does that
allude to?

I stole the term from Clement here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-10/msg00590.html