Re: Add a commit hash (first 6 chars) column to cgit webpage?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Add a commit hash (first 6 chars) column to cgit webpage?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:00:52 -0400

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 1:49 PM Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Still works for me with Firefox 62 and Violentmonkey 2.9.7. (I
> migrated to Violentmonkey during the Firefox 57 Time of Troubles, when
> Greasemonkey was not yet ported to the WebExtension API.)

Thanks for confirming!

You suggestions helped me fix this on my end; the @include URL was the issue.
I confirm this working once again on Firefox 62.0.3 with Greasemonkey.

> * See if the script runs. To do that, add a “console.log('foo')” at
> the top and save the script. Switch to the cgit tab, open the web
> developer toolbox with C-S-i or F12, and switch to the Console tab.
> Reload the page. You should see the “foo” line appear in the log.

This helped! Earlier the script wasn't running at all.

> * If the script does not run, see if the URL you are visiting matches
> the @include directive in the script. You might have started accessing
> Savannah cgit over HTTPS; if that’s the case, add another @include
> line with an https URL pattern.

This was the problem. At some point, I switched from using
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/log/ to
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/log/ (http -> https).

So changing the @include header to below now works!

// @include     http*://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/*/log/*