Re: Emacs undo behavior frustrating for new users. (WAS: delete-selectio

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Emacs undo behavior frustrating for new users. (WAS: delete-selection-mode as default)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 18:28:34 +1100

> I have nothing in principle against switching to an Undo/Redo system.
> But there is an obstacle: finding a key for the Redo command.

C-< ;; for Undo
C-> ;; for Redo

The above are undef in Org Mode.

People talk about a Big Refactor of Gnus’s source code.

The most often used key-commands should be heat mapped
and made easily reachable from the homekey row for new
layout to key-commands. For me, modifier+space and then
whatever keysequence follow makesense.