Re: syntax based indentation for SQL files (ELPA package proposal)

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: Re: syntax based indentation for SQL files (ELPA package proposal)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:56:22 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, September 16, 2018 5:30 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> > (defun sql-is-indent-available ()
>
> >       "Check if sql-indent module is available."
> >       (when (locate-library "sql-indent")
> >         (require 'sql-indent)
> >         (fboundp 'sqlind-minor-mode)))
> >

> I'd recommend you just use (fboundp 'sqlind-minor-mode) since the ELPA
> package (or any proper manual install) sets up an autoload for it.
>
> Stefan

I have pushed a change to sql.el to enable sqind-minor-mode if it is available.

Alex, you may want to look into making a change to sql-indent to make sure users
who have enabled indent mode previously by calling the minor mode or setup
function
may end up toggling off indent mode because sql.el has already turned on.

You can check whether `sql-indent-enable' is included in the mode hook list, and
make the minor enabled if `sql-use-indent-support' is non-nil.

Let me know your thoughts.

--
address@hidden // FSF and EFF member // GNU Emacs sql.el maintainer