Re: Weird problem with inital frame sizing

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Weird problem with inital frame sizing
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:15:16 -0400

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:08:51 -0400 "Perry E. Metzger"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 07:49:00 -0400 Stefan Monnier
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Can anyone guess what might be going wrong, and how we might fix
> > > this correctly?
> >
> > IMO fixing this "correctly" is the following: move your face&frame
> > settings from ~/.emacs.d/init.el to ~/.emacs.d/early-init.el
>
> I use a single .emacs file (I'm an old fogey). Where in the manual
> is early-init.el documented, and the semantic difference between
> what should be in there and what should be elsewhere? I was unable
> to find it searching through the info manual.

FYI, I did as you suggested, and my initial frame and subsequent
frames do not get the change to the font at all now, so this doesn't
seem to work. I'm not sure where early-init.el is loaded, or if it is
loaded at all.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden