Re: Some developement questions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2018 09:21:01 +0300

> From: hw <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 23:29:19 +0200
>
> >>From the Emacs manual:
> >
> >      To turn off shift-selection, set ‘shift-select-mode’ to ‘nil’.  Doing
> >   so does not disable setting the mark via mouse commands.
>
> Thanks!  I really need to read the manual again ...

While re-reading the manual from time to time is a good idea (and we
present an opportunity to do that whenever a new Emacs version is
about to be released, at which point we ask volunteers to proof-read
the manual), you don't really need to read it to find stuff relevant
to some subject.  Instead, use the 'i' command (with completion) to
quickly find the places discussing that subject.  In this case, I
typed "i shift-sel TAB" and was presented with a single completion;
typing RET then landed me in a short section which had the above text
in it.