Re: Tramp and fixnum (was: Making 'eq' == 'eql' in bignum branch)

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Tramp and fixnum (was: Making 'eq' == 'eql' in bignum branch)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 21:47:53 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
      (when (and (floatp (nth 2 attr))
                 (<= (nth 2 attr) most-positive-fixnum))
        (setcar (nthcdr 2 attr) (round (nth 2 attr))))

Although this snippet shouldn't hurt, it should be unnecessary once
file-attributes is fixed to not return floats.

Fixed in what version of Emacs?  Tramp wants to support more than just
the latest master version.

Good point, I keep forgetting. In that case, that snippet won't hurt.

I just now installed patches into Emacs to fix file-attributes as mentioned above, along with a bunch of other functions dealing with system types like ino_t and pid_t.