Re: 32-bit MinGW build with JIT

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: 32-bit MinGW build with JIT
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 15:52:24 -0400

From: Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
Cc: Tom Tromey <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 09:50:14 -0600

I don't think further work on the libjit branch is a waste of time.
On the whole I tend to think that libjit, due to having few
dependencies and a slimmer runtime model, is the better JIT solution.

Thanks, that's good to know, as after spending a day and a half on
debugging, I finally know the root cause for the crashes.

It now builds on 32-bit Cygwin also, thanks to your work. I tested both the gtk3 build and the w32 build. I can't test 64-bit Cygwin because libjit doesn't build there. (My understanding from the libjit TODO file and the libjit mailing list archives is that it doesn't build on 64-bit MS-Windows either.)

Ken