Re: Merging bignum to master

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Merging bignum to master
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 01:09:26 -0700

Ulrich Mueller wrote:
I noticed that there is no --with-gmp configure option to control
linking against libgmp. It this as it is supposed to be?

We should have an option, for the same reason we have an option for building versus linking to the regex library. I installed the attached to try to do that. I didn't call the option --with-gmp, since the idea is that Emacs always uses GMP in some form or another. I called it --with-mini-gmp, as it controls whether Emacs uses mini-gmp or regular GMP.