Re: bignum branch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 10:34:59 -0600

>> From: Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 17:14:25 -0600
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> Still wondering about git merge -vs- git rebase for this branch.

Eli> If you are wondering because you are not sure what are our policy,
Eli> then you should know we don't have one.  Some people merge, others
Eli> rebase, still others do a mix.  So it's up to you, I think.

Ok, thanks.

Any preferences about keeping the feature branch?  Should I remove it
once everything is in?

I am somewhat inclined to pursue the approach I mentioned earlier: make
a new branch, run the renaming commands there, then cherry-pick the rest
of the bignum changes on top.  Then, the final branch could be merged to
master.  This would avoid a messy merge from trunk to the branch and
then back.

Perhaps if the lisp-misc removal goes in earlier a bit more work will be
required in here.

I could either push a new branch or push -f to the existing branch if
someone wants to do a final review.

Tom