Re: bignum branch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 21:59:24 -0600

Paul> Tom Tromey wrote:
>> So, if Eli or Paul can let me know what they want, I can do it.

Paul> I prefer consistent names in the new version, even if they don't match
Paul> the old names. I suggest C names like INTEGERP, XINTEGER, FIXNUMP,
Paul> XFIXNUM, BIGNUMP, and XBIGNUM, where 'integer' is the disjoint union
Paul> of 'fixnum' and 'bignum'. Although this consistency will cost us a bit
Paul> in the short run (due to renaming) and even in the long run (due to
Paul> 'git diff' output being longer), it's worth it to keep the code
Paul> readable.

Seems reasonable to me.  The branch is partway there already (as noted);
but maybe all that's left is to rename XINT and XFASTINT.  So, XFIXNUM
and XFASTFIXNUM?

Also, are there any I'm missing?

Tom