Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:33:43 -0400

>> What do you reckon should be done, switch the direction or let it as
>> it is now?
> Not sure.  I'd like others to chime in with their opinions.

If you want my opinion on the color of this shed, I'd prefer for the
color to be circular.

More seriously, I hate those arrows exactly because I never know what
they mean.  I think it's just like the "split window
vertically/horizontally" issue: it's a bad UI and the right solution is
to choose neither of those options.

I'm afraid that while I figured out the problem, I don't have any solution
to offer :-(

Maybe we should just not display the direction of the ordering at all:
just put a bullet or something to indicate which column is sorted and
let the user look at the data if she wants to know how this column
is sorted.

        Stefan