Re: [Feature Discuss] Nested buffer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Feature Discuss] Nested buffer
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 22:28:00 -0400

> I think anything that was covered by the islands proposals a few months ago
> would be a good candidate, including mixed-mode buffers (HTML+JS+CSS) and
> documents that embed code snippets (e.g. org-mode buffers)

But having those chunks represented as nested buffers only solves the
problem of "which buffer-local variables to use when", which is
basically the easy problem (and it does it in a pretty hard way).
It doesn't solve the issue of interaction between chunks at the boundary
(which is the part that mostly requires coordination via some
standardized protocol).

        Stefan