Re: The netsec thread

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: The netsec thread
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:25:48 +0200

Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <address@hidden> writes:

>>> That's exactly what it is, and why `network-trust-local-network`
>>> defaults to nil. I can fix the docstrings.
>>
>> That may be its intent, but thatʼs not what the implementation in
>> nsm.el does, as far as I can tell. All I see are comparisons to
>> RFC1918 addresses.
>>

> Yes there's currently no way to define your own subnet range in this
> iteration. I'm a bit afraid of over-engineering this. What are you
> thoughts?

Either you can allow the user to specify a specific subnet, or you
combine the results of something like

(map-apply (lambda (a b) (network-interface-info a))
(network-interface-list))

with (network-lookup-address-info host) where host is where youʼre
trying to connect to.

I still fail to see the real need for it, but I guess Eli has a
use-case.

Regards

Robert