Re: Automatic minor modes?

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: Automatic minor modes?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 11:51:04 -0400

On 2018-07-22 08:26, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>> LI> It's similar, yes, but it should have commands to allow
>> LI> unmasking/remasking a single password, I think?
>>
>> prettify-symbols-mode has built-in the perfect tool for what
>> you're describing, `prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point':
>>
>> prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point is a variable defined in ‘prog-mode.el’.
>> Its value is ‘right-edge’
>
> Ah, cool, then we should perhaps just activate that minor mode in
> .authino/.netrc buffers?  (With the appropriate regexps to hide the
> "passwd" token.)

Even better would be to move the "unmask-at-point" feature out of
prettify-symbols-mode, so that more complex hiding could use it too
(prettify-symbols-mode is fairly strict in its inputs).

As a concrete example, company-coq prettifies abc__hijk as abcₕᵢⱼₖ (notice the
hidden "__"), and I had to reimplement the unmasking feature.

Clément.