Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong
Subject: Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:18:52 +0100

Hi All,

I've just pushed a "netsec" branch to Savannah. Here's a summary of the changes:

* Ability to specify a bunch of CRL PEM files on your system for
GnuTLS to verify against
* Set the standard value of `gnutls-min-prime-bits` to nil so GnuTLS
can do its thing using its own default
* Completely revamped NSM checks - many new checks and bug fixes,
please see the commit diff for details
* New `nsm-trust-local-network` option to bypass implicitly trusted
NSM checks on local networks
* Revamped NSM prompt - full certificate chain details now available,
summary is also more useful now

Planned TODOs:

* OCSP
* Update NEWS and the manual