Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:23:59 -0400

> We'll see if somebody spends his time on this.  It seems like a waste of
> time to me, now as 64 bit systems are so common.

My guess is that it will happen not because someone really cares about
it, but because a "Lisp_Object to EMACS_INT" conversion function (which
also accepts bignums as long as they fit within EMACS_INT) will be
needed elsewhere anyway and once you have that, you might as well call
it XINT so it will "magically work".

        Stefan