Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:56:39 -0600

Paul> With all that in mind, I guess it's OK to use the mpz API after all.

I'll make this change shortly.

>> one idea would be to put mini-gmp.c into the Emacs source tree, but
>> only compile it if the real GMP library is not found.

Paul> That sounds like a good idea, given the above. We could also do this
Paul> if the installed GMP library is too old for Emacs.

I did this, and removed all the non-GMP code paths from my branch.
I haven't yet updated the docs or fixed up the tests (they still act as
if bignums might not work).

There's still one failing test.

After those things I guess this is ready to land.
How should I submit the patches for review?

Tom