Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 13:43:10 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Allow me a few comments, with an eye towards getting at least some of
>> this to the emacs-26 branch:
>>
>>  . First, the NEWS entry should tell users how to get the previous
>>    (less secure) behavior if they want.  I think this also calls for a
>>    better documentation of the elements that can appear in
>>    network-security-protocol-checks.
>>
>>  . The change to gnutls-peer-status is not reflected in its doc string
>>    and is not called out in NEWS.
>
> Yes, true.  I'll do that later this week.

That was a ...  12 day week or something.  :-)

I've now pushed these doc fixes, and tried to explain better what these
checks do.  Hopefully it's not total gobbledegook -- trying to explain
TLS stuff without resorting to writing acronym soup (that only explains
things to people who already understands this stuff) isn't trivial.  :-)