Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 21:32:28 +0300

> From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 16:58:26 +0100
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Paul
> Eggert <address@hidden>,
>       Noam Postavsky <address@hidden>, Emacs-Devel devel <address@hidden>
>
> Ok I think I should let people know what my current plans are to avoid
> miscommunications:

Please respond to my comments and questions in

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31946#89

I think we need to be in agreement about some principles before we
discuss further plans.

Thanks.

> 3. There are a few security theatrics in NSM ATM, 'paranoid level is
> BS. If that level is justified, you can justify turning off your
> network card. I have removed it in my branch.

That goes against one of my main comments in the above.  I don't think
I agree with having just one level of security in Emacs.  One more
reason to discuss my comments before going further ahead.