Re: Oldest Emacs alive

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Oldest Emacs alive
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 10:17:15 +0200

>>> "Lars" == Lars Brinkhoff <address@hidden> writes:

   > Paul Eggert wrote:
   > http://github.com/PDP-10/its/issues/887
   > http://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/emacs-history

I just visited the last link. Three comments.

    1. The dates for XEmacs should be, at least, 1994-2015. That was the
       year (I think it was October when Steve Turnbull proposed to
       close the project). I am however not sure about 1994, according
       to my memory it should be 1992.

    2. Aidan Kehoe continues to send patches to xemacs-beta and releases
       xemacs 21.5. So you maybe you should talk to him whether Xemacs
       is really dead or not. Maybe this concerns only the 21.4.X
       series.

    3. You might consider to mention SXemacs, a 21.4 fork.

Uwe Brauer