Re: Automatic minor modes?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Automatic minor modes?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 01:31:50 +0000

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:27:43 +0200 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

LI> Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:
>> Could be just a few regexen for prettify-symbols-mode. Comes with an
>> ability to unmask the one the point is on.

LI> It's similar, yes, but it should have commands to allow
LI> unmasking/remasking a single password, I think?

prettify-symbols-mode has built-in the perfect tool for what
you're describing, `prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point':

prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point is a variable defined in ‘prog-mode.el’.
Its value is ‘right-edge’
Original value was nil

Documentation:
If non-nil, show the non-prettified version of a symbol when point is on it.
If set to the symbol ‘right-edge’, also unprettify if point
is immediately after the symbol.  The prettification will be
reapplied as soon as point moves away from the symbol.  If
set to nil, the prettification persists even when point is
on the symbol.