Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A couple of questions and concerns about Emacs network security
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 12:34:45 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> We discussed the sha1 authority thing last year and our conclusion was
> that we should move the sha1 check to `medium', and then I just forgot
> to do it.  Sorry!  I should have filed a bug report to remind myself...

And now I remember why I didn't: I meant to refactor the protocol checks
in nsm.el so that they're more easily extensible and also allow the user
more fine-grained control of what protocol issues they care about.
Something like

(defvar network-security-tls-problems
        '((low-diffie-hellman-prime-bits medium)
          (rc4 low)
          (dh-small-subgroup high)))

or something, and then a separate function for each of these tests to
avoid an ever-growing huge function with a `cond' in it, and also allow
users to add their own tests.

I'll bug report it to remind myself...