Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 938d252 4/4: Make regex matching reentrant; up

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 938d252 4/4: Make regex matching reentrant; update syntax during match
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:40:05 -0400

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:49:46 -0700 "Daniel Colascione"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think the right thing would be to use TRE if we could get Ville
> > Laurikari to let someone else be the maintainer. Sadly right now
> > it seems unmaintained and has been for years, but it's fast,
> > complete, and has the ability to handle things like gap buffers.
>
> Last time I looked, many years ago, there were several bugs (or
> differences between TRE and POSIX anyway)

Bugs yes, but the POSIX conformance was pretty strict. As I said, he
seemed to have abandoned the thing, but the bones are pretty good.
Someone could just fork it and implement all the patches people have
been contributing that have been languishing in the github issue
trackers.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden