Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 05:02:44 +0000

Hello, João.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 18:01:18 +0100, João Távora wrote:

[ .... ]

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way.

How about this idea: we add a new syntax flag to Emacs, ", which
terminates any open string, the same way the syntax > terminates any
open comment.  We could then set this syntax flag on newline.

This would have the disadvantage (for CC Mode) that it wouldn't work
with older Emacsen.  But it might solve the various problems we've
stumbled over in the last few days.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).