NS port cannot display SVG image with transparent background

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong
Subject: NS port cannot display SVG image with transparent background
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 02:07:39 +0100

I've been trying a couple of ways to render an SVG icon with a
transparent background on the NS port to no avail.

According to the ELISP manual, if `(insert-image (create-image
"/some/path/to/svg/icon" 'imagemagick :background nil))' should insert
the SVG icon into the buffer with the icon's background color set to the
frame's background color, but I get a white background on the image.

If I use rsvg, the background is no longer white but the hue is
noticably lighter than the background, so it's not really transparent.

What is the status with SVG support on the NS port?

Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong