Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:13:51 +0000

Hello, Glenn.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 12:58:53 -0400, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > However, the test suite (make check) threw up another discrepancy, in a
> > test called
> > electric-pair-whitespace-chomping-2-at-point-4-in-c++-mode-in-strings.

> Hello, is this still being worked on?
> The test continues to fail on RHEL 7 and hydra.nixos.org.

>From my point of view, the bug is not being worked on this very day, but
has by no means been forgotten.  It has needed a period of mulling over.
I think João sees it the same way.

Although it won't be difficult to fix, this bug is an awkward thing, and
will need decisions (smallish ones) to be taken.

My favoured method would be to alter electric-pair--skip-whitespace such
that a NL terminating a string (as contrasted with a NL terminating a
comment) would be allowed to be scanned over.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).