Re: Flyspell sans flyspell

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Flyspell sans flyspell
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 13:57:30 +0100

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018, 01:25 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Or rather, avec du Flymake.  I just pushed some updates that allow
> Flymake and backends to exchange hints about the modified portions of
> the buffer.

Thanks.

Yeah, let's hope the API makes sense, I haven't tested with anything other than flyspell, so I was hoping you could come up with interesting cases.

> This in turn allowed me to build a very simple prototype
> flyspell-flymake.el (attached after the sig) with backends that reuse
> Flyspell's machinery and turn Flymake into a spell checker.

Hmm... I would have expected that it's easier to link flymake to
ispell.el than to flyspell.el.  But, I admit to not having actually
looked at flyspell's code.

Likewise for ispell from my side.  How would you do it there?  In particular, I'd like the flymake backend to issue a different diagnostic type for misspellings that have affix rules (a lot of those in Portuguese). Flyspell appears to not care.

João