Re: Blink Cursor mode is off by default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Blink Cursor mode is off by default
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:52:33 -0400

> Anyway, I consider the problem with failed initialization of cursor
> blinking serious enough to be in need of fixing.  So I installed the
> second re-evaluation of custom-delayed-init-variables, and also added
> some blurb to the docs that advises against putting in the early init
> file what doesn't have to be there.

Good, thanks.

> I consider the problem with clobbering user customizations in
> early-init.el a secondary one, especially since we already do that
> with one or two variables anyway, although it would be good to fix
> that, of course.

I think in the case of blink-cursor-mode, that mode should simply be
t by default, point, with no need for reevaluation.

That t value would simply have no effect in those cases where we
can't (or don't know how to) make it effective (e.g. ms-dos, tty,
noninteractive).  Sorry, no sample patch this time ;-)

        Stefan