Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 20:58:26 +0200

() Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden>
() Wed, 30 May 2018 19:28:42 +0200

   and thanks for your response.  (Frankly, I was a bit
   disappointed in general - I counted on some more replies.
   And now I don't know whether the Emacs people found my goals
   offensive or whether just nobody cares...)

Another possibility is that writing text is much more hairy than
writing programs, and people are wary of doing it on their own,
not to mention w/ another person (as you point out below).

   Definitely, a pair of eyeballs to look for errors/omissions
   etc. would be great.  I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Cool.

   Also, I wouldn't mind some kind of brainstorming about what
   to include and how to structure the book.

Sounds to me like a good posting topic for help-gnu-emacs.  That
list is helpful in many ways and there are a lot of brains, too!

   As for writing itself, I'd prefer to do that myself, for a
   few reasons.  [...]

Fair enough.  I think your approach is wise, especially knowing
my own work style/habits, which are sometimes (many times, most
of the time?) disorganized.

   [...] I just don't know you well enough to be sure that we
   would spend more time writing than fighting over what and how
   to write;-).  After all, we are just proverbial "strangers on
   the internet"...

True.  Although i tend to have a thick skin for technical stuff,
i know my ego can get in the way for subjective matters.

   Plus I'd like the book to have a personal touch (a bit like
   Elisp Intro and unlike most technical documentation), and
   that makes collaboration much trickier.

Personal touch is always the best.  Good luck w/ the writing,
and please feel free to ping me for proofreading tasks.

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2018) Software Libero