Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 26.1 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 26.1 released
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 18:16:41 +0300

> Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 08:07:01 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>
> Cc: Nicolas Petton <address@hidden>, Emacs Devel <address@hidden>
>
> If there are specific package versions required, then they should be
> listed in the installation documentation.

That'd be nice to have, but I'm not sure we have the resources to
provide an accurate list and keep it up to date.  All the other
projects I've built never provide such info, you have to "discover"
that by building and getting error messages that tell you what minimal
version is required.

But if someone wants to arrange such a list (in INSTALL, I think?), it
would be very welcome.