Re: cpio-mode: new version

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: cpio-mode: new version
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 10:21:27 -0400

> I'm absolutely willing to sign the corresponding paperwork.
> However, as I said in my mail responding to Jostein,
> I don't think it's anywhere near feature-complete or bug-free and
> I'd rather get it to a stable point before giving it to a broader audience.

[ I don't think any Elisp package out there is bug free or feature
  complete either, FWIW.  ]

We could add your package to elpa.git so it gets more exposure to people
like me who build (and activate) all those packages that are in
elpa.git.  As long as the "Version:" header is set to "0", then this
won't create a GNU ELPA package (i.e. won't make a "release").

        Stefan