Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 20:38:42 +0900

On May 17, 2018, at 10:12, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

On 05/16/2018 05:25 PM, Van L wrote:
The intro is almost 300 pages in full. I had expected 60 pages.

This is an important point in its own right. Could you write a simplified introduction that is only 50 pages or so? That would be helpful to many potential users, I'd think.

The problem with the introduction is that it was written when programming was only starting to be a skill "normal" people could have access to. So the text is extremely verbose and is sometimes hard to follow because of that. The gist of the document could be summarized in 50 pages.

Jean-Christophe Helary
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune