Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?

From: George Plymale II
Subject: Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 22:44:54 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> The Gtk port has a somewhat similar hack in the C code to avoid closing
> the display (to try and delay the infamous multi-display Gtk bug).
>
> So I think it might make sense to add such a workaround for this OSX bug
> much more directly in the core (rather than via defadvice).

That sounds great to me. I wasn't aware of the Gtk bug that you mention
(I've never used a Linux desktop with multiple monitors, so that's
probably why) but it's good to know that this macOS issue isn't entirely
unique. And yes, I agree that it would make sense to add this workaround
into the core. That would probably be a better choice, all things considered.

I was afraid that the developers here would be unwilling to include this
package or anything like it so I'm glad that I stand corrected.

Thanks,
- George Plymale II