Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 00:30:28 -0400

> As this is Emacs, this is not a huge issue as it is easy enough to set them
> to whatever I want, but thought I'd just mention that making bindings
> platform dependent may have a downside for those who work in Emacs from
> different platforms.

Indeed, there's a tension in this respect.  Ideally, we should provide
sets of customizations which better integrates Emacs into various OSes,
which users can then choose to enable or not.

A kind of "custom-theme" for that would be great, but currently
custom-themes don't work well for that since they can't really provide
key-bindings.

        Stefan