Re: EWW improvements: open in new buffer, tags, quickmarks, search engin

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: EWW improvements: open in new buffer, tags, quickmarks, search engines, ...
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 08:54:43 +0200

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

>> As far as I understand, Emacs native bookmarks won't work with EWW.
>> `M-x bookmark-set' complains the the EWW buffer does not point to a real
>> file.
>
> No, normal Emacs bookmarks do not need a file as
> target.  Even vanilla Emacs can bookmark Dired and
> Info nodes (albeit not so well).  A bookmark handler
> can do anything you want it to do.

Can you explain how you bookmark an EWW buffer with Emacs vanilla
bookmarks?

Besides it does not seem to effectively work with many other modes.  For
instance, bookmarking a *Help* buffer works at first glance, but Emacs
fails to look read the bookmarks file upon restart.

--
Pierre Neidhardt

Captain Penny's Law:
        You can fool all of the people some of the time, and
        some of the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.