Re: git+master: c6e6503900534d939dd94b812563c27f22c49b7d crash when usin

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: git+master: c6e6503900534d939dd94b812563c27f22c49b7d crash when using gnus
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 11:26:29 -0400

On 29 April 2018 at 11:09, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>>   CFLAGS='-O0 -g3' ./configure --enable-checking='yes,glyphs'
>> --enable-check-lisp-object-type
>>
>> When I run it I obtain
>>
>> CFLAGS=-O0 -g3: Command not found.
>
> Maybe this is something specific to tcsh.  The command is written for
> Bourne-shell compatible shells, AFAIU.

It would make sense to change etc/DEBUG as Uwe suggests here anyway:
the autoconf manual recommends setting variables (apart from
CONFIG_SHELL) in the ./configure command line rather than the
environment.

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.65/html_node/Defining-Variables.html

> I'm not sure the script will work for non-Bourne shells, but I'm not
> an expert on that.

The configure script has #!/bin/sh at the top, so the script itself
won't be evaluated by tcsh (unless you do 'tcsh ./configure ...'
(which fails immediately)).