Fwd: Re: Emacs 26.1 RC1 -- flymake-err-info is no longer available

From: Da Zhang
Subject: Fwd: Re: Emacs 26.1 RC1 -- flymake-err-info is no longer available
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:31:31 -0400

Hello --

I am a long term Emacs user and I use flymake together with flymake-cursor on a daily basis.

Starting Emacs 26.1, I noticed that flyamke was redesigned and no longer has the var flymake-err-info that contains the error info reported by the backend syntax checker.

This makes flymake-cursor and code like the following not work:

(defun elpy-flymake-error-at-point ()
  "Return the flymake error at point, or nil if there is none."
  (when (boundp 'flymake-err-info)
    (let* ((lineno (line-number-at-pos))
           (err-info (car (flymake-find-err-info flymake-err-info
                                                 lineno))))
      (when err-info
        (mapconcat #'flymake-ler-text
                   err-info
                   ", ")))))

I believe this is a potential issue and wonder if someone could direct me to any alternatives to flymake-err-info in the newly designed flyamke.
Thanks for your attention.

Dave

I am a long term Emacs user and I use flymake together with flymake-cursor a lot.

Starting Emacs 26.1, I noticed that flyamke no longer has the var flymake-err-info that contains the error info
reported by the backend syntax checker.

This makes flymake-cursor and code like the following not work:

(defun elpy-flymake-error-at-point ()
  "Return the flymake error at point, or nil if there is none."
  (when (boundp 'flymake-err-info)
    (let* ((lineno (line-number-at-pos))
           (err-info (car (flymake-find-err-info flymake-err-info
                                                 lineno))))
      (when err-info
        (mapconcat #'flymake-ler-text
                   err-info
                   ", ")))))

I believe this is a potential issue and wonder if you could direct me to any alternatives to flymake-err-info in the
newly written flyamke.

Please ask this question on emacs-devel.  Flymake was redesigned, and
I hope someone who knows more than I do about Flymake will be able to
help you find the replacement for flymake-err-info.