Re: Text property searching

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Text property searching
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 22:42:55 +0200

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> Why did you distort my message by snipping essential context?

Sorry, I did not know that that was the essential context.

> The "this" I was talking about was the correct handling of category
> properties in the new functions, not the distinction between an absent
> property and a value of nil.

I misunderstood.  I thought you were talking about category text
properties that apparently (according to what someone wrote here) there
is a distinction between nil and absence.

> Let me put it to you again: you need to deal with category text
> properties properly.  If you don't, the things I listed in the paragraph
> above will surely happen.

The new function deals with any text property just the same as
`next-single-property-change' and all its friends do; no more nor less,
so I may be misunderstanding what you're saying once again.  :-)