Re: Regarding smerge upper/lower; needs NEWS

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Regarding smerge upper/lower; needs NEWS
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:54:59 -0400

> Thanks.  If we were using labels such as "Yours/Theirs" previously, I can see
> why "Upper/Lower" are better.

I plead guilty to the "mine/other" terminology used previously.
To my defense, this actually worked well in the context of CVS and at
that time CVS was pretty much the only real game in town.

While its flaws are visible in many other VCSes, in the context of
Git (where you often end up having to merge in the "other direction"
than the one you intended) "mine/other" *really* made no sense more
often than not.

        Stefan