Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 19:00:18 -0800

Phillip Lord wrote:
it would mean
that you could not build Emacs from a clean clone of the Emacs repo
without access to the ELPA repo (i.e. a local clone).

I don't have a local clone of the ELPA repo, so this'd mean I couldn't do a clean build from Emacs source without going to some extra work. I think I'd feel more comfortable if we didn't impose this additional dependency on building Emacs. Can we arrange for that by moving the relevant code into Emacs proper? How much code are we talking about?