Re: if-let/if-let*/and-let/..

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: if-let/if-let*/and-let/..
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 23:24:28 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't see why would that be a mess.  Two APIs that produce the same
> effect in some cases, but not in others, are nothing new.

What is new, however, is that having two different APIs doesn't make any
sense here.

> So I think this is what we should do on the release branch.

If you don't object to unite the two APIs in master, I'm ok with that
decision.  However, I then would like to change the NEWS entry in the
release branch so that it doesn't mention the new foo-let* names,
because these will be only synonyms for foo-let in subsequent releases,
and letting NEWS introduce them now as something different would only
cause confusion.

Thanks,

Michael.