Re: Stefan's patch to improve package loading

From: George Plymale II
Subject: Re: Stefan's patch to improve package loading
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 21:54:57 -0500

Hi Stefan,

I know we've sent each other messages in private about this patch and
you said that you'd post some updates here on the mailing list, but it's
been a few weeks so I thought I'd give you a thread to send it to.

I have to say that your patch has really cut down on my startup time to
a point where I'm satisfied with it again (although it's not always
under one second, but that is mostly due to some of my configuration
plus the workload of my machine). I'm excited to see what kinds of
updates you have for it, as I hope it makes it into the trunk at some point.

Thanks.