Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 22:54:37 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>> One drawback is that we will have to backport manual changes made in
>> Emacs' repo to org.texi into Org's manual.org file, but such changes
>> are rare enough that we think we can handle this.
>
> Why wouldn't we use Org's manual.org in Emacs?

Well, that was the question, but I personally think it's good you can't
think of a reason to edit an intermediate file in order for Emacs to
have an Org manual.  But for some phase-over period it's possible and
even likely that both an Org file and an intermediate org.texi file
exist until Emacs' build system can deal with the Org file by itself.

Regards,
Achim.