Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 00:46:27 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> What would improve my user experience would be improvements to the
>> display engine that will allow a better document viewing capabilities
>> in something like pdf-tools (like continuous scrolling).
>
> Continuous scrolling can be easily implemented with a simple hack
> to insert adjacent images for the previous/next pdf pages in
> the same DocView buffer.

I've looked into implementing this feature and it is not as simple as it
seems. The hack you mention is precisely that: a hack, and a very cranky
one. AFAIK there is no way of implementing continous scrolling with
adjacent images if you care at all about robustness and user experience.
And the fact that people is asking for this feature for years and, to
this day, nobody implemented it, seems to confirm my impressions.