Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 19:54:57 +0100

> For calls from within the display engine (if there are those), make
> sure we skip such frames.  For any other calls, signal an error.

This still sounds like I would have to do the check in the callers of
select_window and all flavors ending up in selecting a frame.  But the
display engine calls are all for frames with a mode line or a title,
so I think no check is needed in the first place.  Still I could put
one there in the few occurrences to make sure.

Then this means that I could put one check into do_switch_frame and
another one into select_window and have them always signal an error.

I'm still unsure how to reconcile your proposal with Stefan's.  Doing
both would be redundant but could help just in case one of the two
doesn't work out as expected.

martin